Sunday, March 27, 2011

Attempting the Artistic

I was driving around yesterday after the rain finally cleared (we got several inches) trying to find some interesting things to photograph.  I decided to tour around on some of the country roads not too far from our house and came upon this spot in the road with one lonely tree.  I took several photos trying to be as "artsy" as possible.  This is the best I came away with, but I have some other ideas and will probably revisit this place.

One of the things I've learned in photography is to try and be minimalistic.  The more you cram in a photo, the harder it is for the viewer to know what the subject is and normally makes less of an impact.  In mast cases, less is more.  I liked this location because of the one lone, dominant tree.  The road makes a nice leading line in the shot as well.  In taking this photo I knelt on the road and got as low as I could to try and give a different perspective.  Again, I'm sure there are better ways to take the shot and I'll probably revisit it.
Lone Tree

Texture, from what I've read, is another important aspect of photography.  There is not a clear or dominant subject that stands out in this one, but in this photo I wanted to focus on the texture and color of the field.  Does it work?  I'm not sure.  I think I need to try some other things.  ;)
Open Field
Finally to wrap up this post, a sunset shot taken not too far from the first photo of the tree.  This was taken a couple of days earlier before the rain moved in.  I'm a sucker for a good sunset.  :)
Harvest Sunset
 Thanks for looking!

No comments: