Thursday, January 12, 2012

Catch up

I haven't posted here in a few months, so I thought I'd post some photos from that time period.  In November I switched cameras once again.  I sold my Panasonic GH1 and bought a Panasonic GF3 on a Cyber Monday deal.  The GH1 is a fantastic camera, but I decided to downsize a little bit, and the GF3 still fits what I do quite nicely.  Plus it's a lot smaller and I can even pocket it on backpacking trips.

Sit back, relax, grab some hot chocolate, and enjoy the photos...there's quite a few.

Sipsey Wilderness Hike - September 2011
Backing trip in the Sipsey Wilderness.  We were supposed to have some of the young men from church come, but they all backed out.  The leaders still had fun though! :)



Surfing in Orange Beach, AL - Oct 2011
I was at a work conference and a great swell came in.  I surfed for a little bit, but was a little out of shape. I enjoyed taking photos and video though.






Thanksgiving 2011
Thanksgiving at my mom's house







A Few Pics of the Fam - December 2011
We tried to do a little self portrait action with the family.  We'll have to try again sometime.









Christmas Pics at Nonnie and Granpa's House - Christmas 2011
We spent three days at Nonnie and Grandpa's for Christmas with Aunt Sonnie and had a really nice time.


















Sipsey Winter Hike - December 2011
Every New Year's we take the scouts and young men in our ward on a 3 day, 2 night backpacking trip.  Normally we go to Tennessee, but this time we went to the Sipsey Wilderness about an hour southwest of us.  It's beautiful hiking.  A couple of friends have also gotten me into hammock camping...me gusta!


This waterfall was right next to our campsite the first night. Sa-weet!







Standing next to the largest tree in Alabama

My sleeping quarters




Hope you enjoyed the photos.

3 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Someday I hope to grow up, and be able to take great photo's like you do!

Barry said...

Thanks! Someday I just hope to grow up...maybe.

Libby's Library said...

PS - Mr. Fancy Camera Man...
Couldn't you please get rid of my triple chin and make me about 100 lbs. lighter?